* Please be aware that, due to licensing restrictions, we cannot ship Vans products to customers outside Thailand.
Beloved Vans family member and skate legend Jeff Grosso’s impact on skateboarding is without rival. His genuine love for skateboarding was felt by everyone who had the chance to talk skate with him, and his support for the community —especially the up-and-coming generations—came from a true belief that skateboarding belonged to the kids. There was nothing Jeff wouldn’t do to uplift skateboarding and the people in it.
Jeff gained notoriety in the 1980’s within the competitive scene and quickly became one of the most recognizable faces in skateboarding with the onset of skate video’s that highlighted his skill along with his sardonic wit and audacious spirit, entertaining the masses with his self-deprecating humor and antagonistic spirt. In the span of his influence on the sport, however, Jeff became the unofficial skate historian, helping create ten years of Vans’ Love letters to Skateboarding with his unique and raw commentary on the industry, which will serve as the encyclopedia of everything skateboarding holds dear for years to come.
To honor Jeff’s legacy, and ensure that future skaters understand the important role he played in shaping skateboarding’s history, Vans unveils a new iconic style: The Skate Grosso Mid. Supporting the Skate Grosso Mid is a special-edition Grosso Forever collection of apparel, with all net proceeds directed to Jeff’s son Oliver and his family.
Engineered for skateboarding, and made with a fully revised upper, molded heel counter, locked-in tongue straps, and a recut of the DURACAP™ underlay, the Skate Grosso Mid offers an essential fit that is more breathable and durable where skaters need it most. The two-part foxing, featuring a tougher toe knurl, ensures heightened board contact, and the original waffle outsoles are made of a rubber that offer grip and support. Along with a new sidewall finish, PopCush sockliners for superior cushioning and impact protection, and a sleek checkerboard flag, this Skate Grosso Mid builds on an iconic style with added performance benefits that real skaters demand. It is made with sturdy suede and canvas uppers.
- FULLY REVISED UPPERS - Made with sturdy suede and canvas, and featuring locked-in tongue straps and two-part foxing for heightened board contact.
- VANS ORIGINAL WAFFLE COMPOUND - Vans classic gum rubber compound is made of a rubber that offers grip and support.
- POPCUSH CUSHIONING - Vans standard best-in-class upgrade, the new PopCush™ insoles snap back and won’t pack, providing impact protection and custom energy return for any type of skating.
- UNRIVALED DURABILITY - Reinforced DURACAP™ underlays and are built to withstand the daily abuse of skateboarding.
“It’s you, your skateboard, and the world. So go out and make it your own.”
– Jeff Grosso